For general enquiries: 01355 244 594
Benefits of Membership with FMA 2012- 2013
1. Membership of one of the Family Mediation Councils’ lead bodies, an association which will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2013 and therefore one of the longest established trainers of family mediators and family mediator membership organisations. FMA is an independent bodywith its own Board andcharitable status which recognises and values the multi-disciplinary backgrounds of its members.
2. Discounted attendance at the FMA’s annual National Conference which carries CPD points. As members will know, the conference, usually in September, outgrew the Royal Courts of Justice, provided to us free of charge through our President, Lord Wilson. In 2012 the conference had to move to a larger venue but the Board will keep the conference fee as low as possible.
3. Membership that meets the Legal Services Commission’s Quality Mark Standard for Mediation requirement C1.4 – Membership of recognised representative bodies.
4. Representation, leadership, vision and a national voice in the world of family mediation through your membership of an organisation which has grown and continues to build in reputation and influence.
5. An opportunity to contribute through membership of working groups and on line e- groups.
6. A developing programme of advanced training courses, at prices, in places, and on topics requested by you and to suit your needs, open to all but substantially discounted for members.
7. Support and best practice guidance from FMA’s large Professional Practice Consultancy Network established throughout the country.
8. Promotion of your mediation practice via the website geographic search, including a web-link to your own mediation practice
9. E – shots keeping you up to date on developments in family mediation.
10. Recognised accreditation process, now renamed Senior Mediator to differentiate it from other schemes. This scheme offers an opportunity for career development.
11. Discounts available to FMA members, currently including:
a. FMA co-founder and Vice President Lisa Parkinson’s book “Family Mediation” at 25% off the publisher’s price, thanks to a new arrangement with Jordans.
b. Discounted Yellow Pages advertising via FMA corporate scheme
c. Access to a sound and competitively rated scheme for professional insurance.
12. A substantial influence through its membership of the FMC over the development of mediation at this important time.
Additional benefits for PPCs:
1. An opportunity for Professional Practice Consultants to attend a choice of PPC networking and training days held around the country and carrying specialist and recognised PPC CPD, with enhanced input and clear structure
2. PPC Handbook
Additional benefits for newly trained members:
1. Free initial consultancy session with a FMA PPC, incorporating debriefing from your foundation training.